December 27, 2015 in Daily Bulletin
The writers at Cracked took a look at blue collar jobs that continue to open a pathway to living the American dream:
- Hot dog vendors average $100,000 a year – this is particularly surprising considering how little cooks, after years of expensive training, make these days.
- In fact, vendors in a high traffic location can pull in $1,200 in a just one weekend.
- Skycaps – those who help with curbside luggage check ins, boarding pass distribution, and general airport direction handling – often make more than airplane pilots.
- Their wages are actually pretty low, but they make as much as $120,000 in tips. Some don’t even bother cashing in their paychecks because the hourly wages aren’t worth it.
- Brand new golf balls can cost $50, and hundreds of millions of balls are lost in lakes and rivers each year. Divers who go into retrieve the balls can re-sell them to earn $100,000 a year.
- The job isn’t risk-free though – they have to worry about alligators and snakes in the water.
Lift mechanics and longshoremen are also on the list. You can find it here.