February 6, 2017 in Daily Bulletin
Trump has given television shows an advertising boost wrote Daniel Lippman and Anna Palmer:
- President Trump is known to watch shows such as “Morning Joe” and “The O’Reilly Factor” on a frequent basis.
- Companies are trying to buy ad-time on those shows to influence the President’s thinking.
- The President is known to tweet about the messages and statistics he sees on the air. Those tweets then generate at least a day’s worth of media coverage.
- This has caused the price of ads on certain shows to more than double.
- It is, in essence, a lobbying strategy tailored to the current occupant of The White House.
Read more on Politico.