February 15, 2017 in Daily Bulletin
Brian Resnick wrote about partisan courtship:
- Match.com normally sees an upsurge of activity in January as people resolve to find someone in the new year.
- But in 2017 there was a decrease in activity by those who call themselves liberal, and an increase from those who supported Trump.
- The effect is new – conservatives didn’t decrease their attempts to find a mate after Obama’s victory in 2012.
- Match also found that 60% of liberals, and 56% of conservatives, are unwilling to date someone from the other side of the aisle.
- According to one analyst Americans are now more likely to discriminate based on political views than race.
Read more on Vox.