July 26, 2016 in Daily Bulletin
Neil Connor wrote about the unfortunate experience of one custom license plate owner:
- “8” is considered a lucky number by many in China, and one motorist in the country shelled out £113,000 on a license plate with five 8s on it.
- He then put it on a truck that was worth £3,000 – thus the car was worth about 2% of its license plate number.
- But while the police are used to seeing custom license plates on high end cars, when they saw it on the truck they assumed it was a fake plate and started pulling the driver over.
- On the first day alone the truck-owner was pulled over eight times – he spent more time pulled over than he did driving.
- To compound the problem crowds would gather to take photos of the lucky license plate making it even more difficult for the truck to get back on the road.
Read more here.
Source: The Telegraph