June 21, 2016 in Daily Bulletin
Shane Ferro looked at some startling Starbucks numbers:
- Starbucks has a card system that people can pre-load money on and use to pay for drinks.
- Customers have pre-loaded $1.2 billion worth of unspent cash.
- Assets of that size mean that Starbucks is actually one of the larger banks in the United States.
- Unlike other banks Starbucks doesn’t have to pay interest to depositors.
- However it can invest that money in other ventures earning itself a tidy investment return.
- Customers, in essence, have given Starbucks a $1.2 billion interest fee loan.
Read more here.
Source: Huffington Post