March 28, 2016 in Daily Bulletin
IZ is an online retailer that offers clothing specifically designed for those on wheelchairs:
- Usually clothes are designed assuming that the wearer is standing. They can look awkward the wearer is sitting down. IZ’s collection assumes a sitting wearer.
- Blazers have an arch cut into them (as pictured above) so that pressing into the wheelchair doesn’t cause the back of the blazer to become wrinkled.
- Pants are altered to reduce the amount of bunching in the front and riding in the back.
- Shirts drape at the waist instead of lower down.
- Magnets, zips, or Velcro strips might take the place of buttons to make it easier to get out of the clothes.
Read more here.