August 24, 2015 in Daily Bulletin
Netflix is a time sink…or is it? Rob Toledo looked at the amount of time Netflix actually saves you:
- The average show on TV has 15 and a half minutes of ads. The average Netflix subscriber watches 1.5 hours of TV a day.
- This means that Netflix saved users 130 hours of advertising every year.
- And the savings are only going to increase. Networks are increasing the speed of shows to create more time for adverts.
- This translates to 5.4 days of saved time every year.
- A Netflix viewer could use this time to watch 65 additional movies or binge on eight seasons (177 episodes) of a TV show.
See more here.