April 21, 2012 in Daily Bulletin
Ronald Bailey had the chance to sit down with the authors of Abundance: Why The Future Will Be Much Better Than You Think. Some of the things they talked about included:
- Our future looks set to be pretty amazing with technology improving the standard of living for everybody.
- The reason why we’re so often pessimistic and afraid of the future is because we’ve evolutionary evolved to be scared and focus on negative information.
There are three tiers of challenges that have to be overcome before we enter a period of global abundance. They are:
- Water, food, and shelter.
- Energy, education, and information.
- Freedom and healthcare
- Luckily the solutions to these problems multiply – providing clean water, for example, helps solve a lot of diseases.
- Technology spreads exponentially. From being a luxury product in the 90s, there are 5.6 billion mobile phones in the world today.
To read about the way to overcome the three tiers of obstacles, a take on the Green Revolution, and the role that entrepreneurship has to play, click here.
Via: Newmark’s Door