April 27, 2012 in Daily Bulletin
Skyscanner polled over 1000 airline passengers about their airplane seat preferences, when extra leg room isn’t available. Some of the results include:
- The most sought after seat is 6A – a window seat in the sixth row of the aircraft.
- In general the first six rows of a plane are the most popular with 45% of survey respondents picking a seat in those rows as their favourite.
- 60% of passengers prefer window seats and 40% prefer aisle seats.
- The least popular seat is 31E – a middle seat towards the back of the plane.
- Frequent fliers prefer to sit on the left of the plane because the windows are off-center meaning that they can rest their head against the wall.
To read more about the airliner that charges a premium for passengers who prefer to sit in the front of the aircraft, how to minimize turbulence, and where to sit to get the best choice of food, click here.